The top priority for emergency services is of course to arrive at the scene of the accident as quickly and reliably as possible. This calls for the fastest route to be known.
Which hospital is responsible, which ambulance or helicopter is assigned to the accident and who needs to be informed so as to assure the optimal patient treatment? Furthermore, speed not only saves lives, but also represents a considerable cost factor that plays an ever more vital role in the current financial situation of the health services.
DDS can support you in these critical aspects with the following essential spatial data:
- Professional Routing, i.e., the calculation of journey times and routes between various destinations helps you decide whether to take the shortest, the speediest or the most economical route, whether by truck or automobile, and with or without toll routes.
- Digital Data Streets, the detailed road network based on HERE (formerly Navteq) or TomTom, is available for Europe as well as for the USA. The road network contains all vehicle-access roads and routes with indication of the highway type plus additional information.
- Distance Tables for the fastest calculation of distance from A to B. DDS provides distance tables clearly organized by starting point, destination, distance and driving time. Computed distances and driving times to all German and European locations of interest to you are individually tailored to your own sites.
- Aerial Photographs are suitable, for instance, for the rapid resolution of locational issues. DDS provides you with digital aerial views for an ever increasing number of European cities.
- We are able to provide digital Street Maps for numerous European countries and countries world wide. The street maps are available in various scales from 1:5.000 to 1:50.000 and with various additional data. These are obtainable in either raster or vector formats.
DDS can provide you with all the data you require for swift response and effective cost-calculation in the emergency services. From digital maps to customized data, to tools and software, and of course the entire data package including introduction and training, if required.